If you have been off work due to illness, we can help plan your return.
If you are not well, let your manager know as soon as possible. If you are sick for more than three days, you may be asked for a doctor’s note and to attend a return to work interview.
If you are ill for more than a few days, you will need to speak to your manager as soon as possible. You will also need to keep your employer informed of any hospital appointments or changes in your health.
Physical, emotional and financial wellbeing
Returning to work after a long-term illness can feel scary.
Some things to consider are:
- Your priorities – have these changed?
- Lifestyle changes – what are you happy with, or want to change?
- Are you ready and well enough to return to work?
- Are fewer hours or flexible working an option?
- Do you need a phased return to work, or workplace adjustments?
- Is your job still right for you?
Updating your skills and knowledge
If you are returning to your job, check your skills, knowledge and working practices are up-to-date. Speaking to your employer and colleagues will also help with this.
Before you return to work
Check with your doctor to make sure you’re well enough to go back to work, and ask for a ‘fit note’.
For more information chat with us online today.