CV is short for curriculum vitae and is a brief description of your career. It explains to employers what you can do, what you have done and if you are suitable for a job.
A CV should:
- Be no more than two pages of A4
- Include details about your knowledge, qualifications, learning, skills and abilities in a positive way
- Have your contact details; name, address, mobile phone number and email address
- Include details of your work experience; paid or unpaid work, previous employers, job titles, with examples of tasks
- Include a line saying ‘references available on request’
- Be tailored to the employer and job you are applying for. So, if there is a job description, show how you are a good fit by giving examples of how your experience, knowledge and skills fit the requirements of the job, especially those marked 'essential'.
For more information chat with us online today.