Building and maintaining good working relationships with people at work are important.
- Team members
- Your manager
- Customers or clients
- Project team members
- HR colleagues.
Here are some things to help you build relationships at work:
- Focus on your communication, listening and confidence skills
- Show your appreciation when someone supports you
- Give feedback
- Remaining focused on the job you need to do
- It’s great to have friends at work but have clear boundaries for these
- Don’t get distracted by the people around you, so that you can focus on your job
- Avoid gossip and office politics
- Talk to colleagues openly and honestly.
You may find some working relationships challenging or difficult.
When this happens try to:
- Be professional and polite
- Make an effort to get to know them
- Focus on what you have in common rather than your differences
- Remember, not all relationships will be perfect but try to make it workable.
For more information chat with us online today.