CV is short for curriculum vitae and is a brief description of your career. It explains to employers what you can do, what you have done and if you are suitable for a job.
A CV should:
- Be no more than two pages of A4
- Include details about your knowledge, qualifications, learning, skills and abilities in a positive way
- Have your contact details; name, address, mobile phone number and email address
- Include details of your work experience; paid or unpaid work, previous employers, job titles, with examples of tasks
- Include a line saying ‘references available on request’
- Be tailored to the employer and job you are applying for. So, if there is a job description, show how you are a good fit by giving examples of how your experience, knowledge and skills fit the requirements of the job, especially those marked ‘essential’.
For more tips and information about our employment programmes, visit our Recruitment Hub.