What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course, designed to teach you how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health conditions and provide help on a first aid basis. The course is delivered by a quality assured instructor and can be attended by people aged 18 upwards.
How is MHFA used to support staff?
The course will:
- Give a deeper understanding of the issues that impact on and relate to people’s mental health
- Teach practical skills that can be used every day, including being able to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support.
Independent research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Encourages people to start a conversation with a person who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery. MHFA won’t teach you how to be a therapist, but you will be able to say you’re a Mental Health First Aider.
What will I learn on a two day MHFA course?
Our MHFA instructors deliver training in four manageable chunks, each with a focus on how to apply Mental Health First Aid skills.
This is delivered through a blended learning approach of self guided pre-course learning; followed by four live facilitated learning sessions delivered by one of our qualified Disability Training and Consultancy Specialists. The course is structured in the following way:
- Individual learning 1hr, Live session one 1hr 45 mins
- Individual learning 2hrs, Live session two 2hrs 20 mins
- Individual learning 2hrs, Live session three 2hrs
- Individual learning 2hrs, Live session four 1hr 55 mins.
Every live session includes a 10 min break. Individual learning should be completed prior to each of the relevant live sessions.
Workshop content overview
Mental Health First Aid, mental health, and depression.
Depression (continued) and suicidal crisis.
Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self-harm.
Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
Everyone who attends the course will receive a copy of the MHFA manual and workbook, which are both excellent support resources. When you have completed the course you will also receive a certificate to confirm that you are a trained Mental Health First Aider.
How much will it cost?
Full group bookings:
- 6 to 16 participants per online live workshop
- Full 15 hour workshop (delivered via pre-course learning and four live facilitated learning sessions) = £2,050 +VAT.
Individual delegate bookings:
- £140.99 + VAT and Eventbrite booking fee
- For individual delegate spaces please click here to find out more and book your place (s).
Want to find out more?
Or leave your details below and we will get back to you.