What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course, designed to teach you how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health conditions and provide help on a first aid basis. The course is delivered by a quality assured instructor and can be attended by people aged 16 upwards.
How is MHFA used to support staff?
The course will:
- Give a deeper understanding of the issues that impact on and relate to people’s mental health
- Teach practical skills that can be used every day, including being able to spot the signs and symptoms of mental health issues and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support.
Independent research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health and feel confident guiding people towards appropriate support
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Encourages people to start a conversation with a person who may be experiencing a mental health issue
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery MHFA won’t teach you how to be a therapist, but you will be able to say you’re a Mental Health First Aider.
What will I learn on a two day MHFA course?
Our MHFA instructors deliver training in four manageable chunks, each with a focus on how to apply Mental Health First Aid skills.
Workshop content overview
Mental Health First Aid, mental health, and depression.
Depression (continued) and suicidal crisis.
Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders and self-harm.
Psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder.
Everyone who attends the course will receive a copy of the MHFA manual and workbook, which are both excellent support resources. When you have completed the course you will also receive a certificate to confirm that you are a trained Mental Health First Aider.
What our customers say:
As a major employer within the construction industry, we’re committed to reducing the stigma around mental health and ensure that our staff are supported with their mental wellbeing. An integral part of our Major Highways Health and Wellbeing Action Plan included mental health first aid training to our employees.
The training has already had a positive impact, with a trained ‘first aider’ being able to support a colleague with their mental health. Ultimately, the business case for mental health training speaks for itself and evidences how crucial it is to have trained people in our business who are able to identify and help staff in distress.
We’re now more confident in dealing with mental health and will be able to help and support even more of our staff in the future."
Kassandra Rogers, Balfour Beatty, Health, Safety & Wellbeing Administrator
How much will it cost?
A two day course for up to 12 delegates £2,250 +VAT
A two day course for up to 16 delegates £2,450 +VAT
Bespoke options available on request.
We also offer selected day delegate packages for this course. Please click here to find out more and book your place(s).
Want to find out more?
Or leave your details below and we will get back to you.