What is disability and health awareness training?
This workshop helps to increase disability awareness and confidence, so that your organisation will be better placed to support disabled colleagues in the workplace, as well as your disabled customers.
- Does your company want to be better placed to attract, support and retain disabled talent?
- Do your managers, team leaders and supervisors:
- Have the skills and knowledge to effectively support disabled colleagues and enable them to work to their full potential in the workplace?
- Understand how to meet their legal requirements when managing disability issues?
The workshop will:
- Provide the skills, knowledge and confidence to be proactive with disability issues in the workplace and support colleagues
- Give the opportunity to discuss and share real-life challenges, experiences and good practice.
Who is the course suitable for?
This workshop is suitable for managers, team leaders and supervisors.
What will it cover?
Full day workshop content overview
Exploring the definition of disability
- Looking at the legal definition, developing an understanding of what this means in practice.
Where to get help
- Where and how you can access support services.
Understanding disability context: history and models of disability
- Discovering how society viewed disability in the past
- Understanding the difference between and impact of, medical and social models.
- Exploring the different types of adjustments which positively impact the working lives of disabled colleagues
- Developing understanding through scenarios and case studies, so it can be readily applied in the workplace.
Developing a deeper understanding of a range of disabilities
- Hearing personal stories and sharing experiences and knowledge
- Interactive and engaging activities to explore some of the barriers disabled people face.
Disability action planning
- Creating an effective individual action plan to change or improve how you support disabled colleagues and customers.
Half day workshop content overview
- Exploring the definition of disability
- Understanding disability context
- Examining a range of disabilities
- Workplace adjustments
- Where to get help.
How much will it cost?
Group size: 8-12 participants per workshop
Full day: £1,100 plus VAT
Half day: £699 plus VAT
Unfortunately, at this time, we are not able to offer to individual delegates.
Want to find out more?
Or leave your details here and we will get back to you.