Our Transforming Lives Community (TLC) brings together a range of organisations across Scotland to work collaboratively and ensure we support more disabled and disadvantaged groups into sustainable employment, by offering all participants an individualised and tailored support service.
Organisations from the third, public, private sector and local authorities make up the TLC and share the united vision to transform the lives of people with multiple barriers by supporting them into fair sustainable work.
We believe that by working together and maximising support we can provide sustainable and effective employment for Scottish citizens, improving opportunities, life chances and wellbeing. To support this, we work in partnership to share specialist expertise and best practice to offer our participants more choice and control over their individual support.
At the heart of our ambition, is a desire for inclusive growth to ensure people accessing services have choice and control over their work journey, and while contributing to a better, more resilient economy in Scotland.
We want to ensure a Fairer Scotland and give people the opportunity to build their skills and make the most of their potential, helping them progress in Fair Work and supporting their employers. We want to support the ambition of unemployed people in Scotland and help them find fulfilling jobs where they feel valued and engaged.
We are currently in the process growing our network of TLC partners, if you would like to be included, please contact: email@example.com
TLC member values
- To help more people with multiple barriers to employment into and progress in fair sustainable work
- To improve the wellbeing and life chances of vulnerable people in Scotland
- To realise that every customer is different and their journey should be tailored to them
- To support the capability and capacity of our partners within the TLC
- To increase integration and alignment of services in Scotland and reduce duplication of services
- To localise support for our customers and linking areas of mutual interest and benefit
- To inform each organisation of current and future programmes currently running in Scotland, both nationally and locally.
Sharing best practice between organisations
- Work in partnership through co-design to create the best employability routes for our customers
- Share good news stories from national employers to build local knowledge, and support better access to these employers
- Increase knowledge and understanding on how to get involved in the Scottish Government agenda’s ie. Scottish Business Pledge, becoming a Living Wage Employer, becoming a Disability Confident employer.
Our partnership portal
The aim of our partnership portal is to create a central location for all TLC partners to be able to access information and updates from all of our fellow partners, enabling the cross promotion of services and to support further integration and alignment of services across Scotland, to enhance the journey of all of our service users.
Should you require any further information please contact our Partnership Team as shown below:
Partnership Manager (Scotland), responsible for Lot 2 Lanarkshire
Partnership Manager (Scotland), responsible for Lot 3 Tayside