A Derby man who experienced the frustration of three years’ unemployment is back in work thanks to an innovative partnership between Remploy and Marks & Spencer.
Matthew Blackshaw, 46, from Alvaston, is working as a warehouse operative at M&S’s new 900,000 sq ft distribution centre in Castle Donington, Leicestershire which opened earlier this year.
For further information and interview requests, please contact Remploy press office: 0300 456 8121
- In the last four years Remploy Employment Services has found more than 50,000 jobs in mainstream employment for people with a range of physical, sensory and mental disabilities and other disadvantages.
- Remploy is driven by the fundamental belief that every disabled person can, with appropriate support and specialist advice, secure sustainable employment
- Employment Services has an increasing focus on providing specialist disability employment services to people with mental health conditions or learning disabilities
- It continues to invest in developing innovative approaches and services for employers which are cost effective and business efficient including consultancy and vocational rehabilitation services
- Remploy ES partners with more than 2,500 of the country’s biggest employers including BT, ASDA, Royal Mail, Sainsbury’s, the NHS and Marks & Spencer
- It operates a national network of more than 60 town and city centre recruitment branches and offices providing specialist recruitment and development services to job seekers