Remploy and TCFM have won the Partners in Corporate Social Responsibility (Charitable and Social Enterprise) category at this year's Premises and Facilities Management (PFM) awards.
Remploy, the UK’s leading disability employment specialist and TC Facilities Management (TCFM), who provide a range of FM services to some of the UK's most recognisable companies, have won the Partners in Corporate Social Responsibility (Charitable and Social Enterprise) category at the highly respected Premises and Facilities Management (PFM) awards 2017.
The PFM awards recognise exceptional practice in the facilities management sector. The ceremony in London was hosted by BBC Presenter Jeremy Vine and attended by more than 600 people.
The judges of the PFM awards 2017 said: “TC Facilities Management and Remploy were successful in this entry because we found they had formed a bond that had developed into a strong partnership. It is one that provides a shining example and shows the very best attributes of the FM sector”
TCFM, through their partnership with Remploy, have supported more than 1,000 people with a disability into sustained employment over the past ten years.
Rachel Gardiner, Head of HR for TCFM commented: “We’re delighted to be the winners in the Partners in Corporate Social Responsibility category of the PFM awards 2017. Knowing that our commitment to focus on what disabled people are able to do, not what they can’t has been recognised with this national award, makes us feel incredibly proud. Working in partnership with Remploy has been extremely rewarding and I look forward to seeing how we will continue to grow together in the future.”
The partnership was also recognised earlier in the year, when Remploy and TCFM won an Employment Related Services Association (ERSA) award for Large Employer of the Year.
James Kimberley, Remploy National Account Manager said: “Winning a PFM award is a fantastic achievement for TC Facilities Management and serves to further recognise their commitment to disability confidence. They have supported more than 1000 people with a disability into opportunities across their UK network so it is exciting for them to be recognised for this award, especially combined with their ERSA award win earlier in the year.”
All the organisations nominated to the PFM Awards 2017 went through a rigorous judging process, firstly being shortlisted to select just three finalists in each category and then presenting to a team of independent judges who visited them at work.
Notes to Editors
Picture caption: TCFM and Remploy receive their PFM award
For further information and interview requests, please contact: Amanda Craike 07500 226193 email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Remploy has more than 70 years’ experience of supporting disabled people into employment, transforming lives and improving social inclusion
- Remploy has found more than 150,000 jobs in mainstream employment for people with a range of physical, sensory and learning disabilities, mental health conditions and other disadvantages.
- Remploy is a mission-driven social business with a diverse workforce of whom 30% have a declared disability or health condition
- Employees have a 30% shareholding in Remploy which left government ownership in 2015 in a joint venture with MAXIMUS, which provides services to governments on four continents
- Remploy is a Disability Confident Leader and works with more than 2,500 employer partners including Marks & Spencer, TC Facilities Management, Tesco, BT, Mitie, ASDA, Royal Mail and Sainsbury’s
- A free Workplace Mental Health Support Service operated by Remploy has successfully supported more than 9,000 people with stress, depression, anxiety or other mental health issues, helping them to keep their jobs
- In addition, Remploy operates a unique online service allowing disabled people to access support from their home or wherever is convenient
About TC Facilities Management:
- TC Facilities Management delivers facilities management services to businesses across the UK. These services include security, cleaning, catering, pest control, washroom services, window cleaning and waste management and are provided to a broad range of industries comprising the retail, commercial, warehouses and leisure sectors
- The company has been trading since 1962 and from cleaning single site destinations, has grown to become one of the leading privately owned facilities management companies in the UK
- TC Facilities Management has an annual turnover of more than £80 million