A partnership between TC Facilities Management (TCFM) and disability specialists Remploy, has won the Large Employer of the Year award at the ERSA Employability Awards 2017
The winners were announced at a ceremony attended by the Minister for Disabled People, Health and Work, Penny Mordaunt MP and hosted by BBC journalist Kirsty Lang.
TCFM, through their partnership with Remploy, have supported more than 1000 people with a disability into sustained employment over the past ten years.
Rachel Gardiner, Head of HR for TCFM commented: “We’re delighted to win the ERSA award for the Large Employer category. This is a huge achievement, especially given the calibre of the nominations for this award. Knowing that we are making a difference to people with a disability or health condition is hugely satisfying, and to receive a national award recognising this is fantastic! Our partnership with Remploy goes from strength to strength and I look forward to seeing how we will continue to grow together in the future.”
James Kimberley, Remploy National Account Manager said: “Winning the Large Employer of the Year award is a fantastic accolade for TCFM and adds to the increasing recognition they are getting for their achievements over the last ten years. They continue to develop and support disabled people into work and have pledged to support many more in the future. ”
This year the awards judges included Heidi Allen MP, a member of the Work and Pensions Committee in the last Parliament; a senior official from the Department for Work and Pensions; a senior researcher at the Resolution Foundation; and last year’s winner of the Adviser of the Year Award, Keith Tottingham.
The Minister for Disabled People, Health and Work, Penny Mordaunt MP said: “It’s truly inspiring to hear stories about the excellent work that businesses are doing to help people get into, and stay in employment.This would not be possible without the tireless efforts of frontline staff who make such a difference to people’s lives every single day. Congratulations to all this year’s winners – I hope their success will encourage others to go the extra mile in helping people to overcome any barriers to employment.”
Notes to Editors
- The Employment Related Services Association (ERSA) is the representative body for the employment support sector.
- ERSA has more than 250 members spanning the private, voluntary and public sectors and ranging from large multi-nationals through to small specialist charities.
- Remploy has more than 70 years’ experience of supporting disabled people into employment, transforming lives and improving social inclusion.
- In the last 10 years Remploy has found more than 130,000 jobs in mainstream employment for people with a range of physical, sensory and learning disabilities, mental health conditions and other disadvantages.
- Remploy is a mission-driven social business with a diverse workforce of whom 30% have a declared disability or health condition.
- Employees have a 30% shareholding in Remploy which left government ownership in 2015 in a joint venture with MAXIMUS, which provides services to governments on four continents.
- Remploy is a Disability Confident Leader and works with more than 2,500 employer partners including Marks & Spencer, TC Facilities Management, Tesco, BT, Mitie, ASDA, Royal Mail and Sainsbury’s.
- A free Workplace Mental Health Support Service operated by Remploy has successfully supported more than 7,000 people with stress, depression, anxiety or other mental health issues, helping them to keep their jobs.
- In addition, Remploy operates a unique online service allowing disabled people to access support from their home or wherever is convenient.
TC Facilities Management.
- TC Facilities Management delivers facilities management services to businesses across the UK. These services include security, cleaning, catering, pest control, washroom services, window cleaning and waste management and are provided to a broad range of industries comprising the retail, commercial, warehouses and leisure sectors.
- The company has been trading since 1962 and from cleaning single site destinations, has grown to become one of the leading privately owned facilities management companies in the UK.
- TC Facilities Management has an annual turnover of more than £80 million.