TCFM and Remploy shortlisted for the Employment Related Services Association (ERSA) Large Employer of the Year award
A partnership between TC Facilities Management (TCFM) and Remploy, the disability employment specialists, has been named as a finalist for the ERSA Employability Awards 2017, sponsored by Clarion Housing Group, in the Large Employer of the Year Award category.
The Employability Awards, now in their fourth year, celebrate and champion best practice from across the employment support sector. This year the awards were judged by Nick Butler from the Department for Work and Pensions; Andy Cook from the Centre for Social Justice; and Christine Chang from Big Society Capital.
TCFM was nominated for the Large Employer of the Year Award, recognising a large employer who has demonstrated exceptional commitment in creating opportunities for disadvantaged and long-term unemployed jobseekers.
TC Facilities Management, through their partnership with Remploy, and other welfare to work organisations for over ten years have supported more than 1000 people with a disability into sustained employment.
Rachel Gardiner, Head of HR for TCFM commented: “We’re delighted to be shortlisted for this prestigious award. Working with Remploy has seen this group of talented and motivated individuals seize the opportunity to prove themselves as committed, engaged and enthusiastic. They add value to the teams they work in and the customers they serve, enabling us to continue to deliver a great service to our clients. This has resulted in enhancing our disability confidence and engaging more parts of the business with understanding what benefits employing people with disability can bring to the business.”
The winners of the Employability Awards will be announced at a special ceremony held in London on 29 June attended by the Minister for Employment.
Matt Reed, Remploy’s Employer Services Director said: “I am delighted TCFM has been shortlisted for the Large Employer award. They have shown real commitment to disability confidence, supporting more than 1000 people with a disability into sustained employment in the last ten years. They enable people with a disability or health conditions to showcase their skills in a supportive workplace environment and TCFM’s drive to create a truly diverse workforce is evident right across the organisation.
Notes to Editors
- The Employment Related Services Association (ERSA) is the representative body for the employment support sector.
- ERSA’s membership spans the private, voluntary and public sectors and ranges from large multi-nationals through to small specialist charities. It has over 250 members, including all prime contractors of the Work Programme, Work Choice and other major programmes. The majority of its members are not for profit.
- The full list of finalists for the ERSA Employability Awards 2017 can be found on the ERSA website ww.ersa.org.uk.
- Remploy has more than 70 years’ experience of supporting disabled people into employment, transforming lives and improving social inclusion
- In the last 10 years Remploy has found more than 130,000 jobs in mainstream employment for people with a range of physical, sensory and learning disabilities, mental health conditions and other disadvantages.
- Remploy is a mission-driven social business with a diverse workforce of whom 30% have a declared disability or health condition
- Employees have a 30% shareholding in Remploy which left government ownership in 2015 in a joint venture with MAXIMUS, which provides services to governments on four continents
- Remploy is a Disability Confident Leader and works with more than 2,500 employer partners including Marks & Spencer, TC Facilities Management, Tesco, BT, Mitie, ASDA, Royal Mail and Sainsbury’s
- A free Workplace Mental Health Support Service operated by Remploy has successfully supported more than 7,000 people with stress, depression, anxiety or other mental health issues, helping them to keep their jobs
- In addition, Remploy operates a unique online service allowing disabled people to access support from their home or wherever is convenient