Work can have a positive effect on mental health and wellbeing.
Mental Health Working provides specialist employment support to people with mental health conditions living in the London boroughs of Camden and Islington.
The service helps people to move into training, education, employment or volunteering and even offers support to those who are already in work, to help them remain in employment.
Our experienced advisors work with each individual to establish their careers goals and identify barriers into work, before providing advice and guidance every step of the way.
Our support includes:
- dedicated employment support to find work, voluntary and work experience placements
- developing a personalised support plan, detailing the steps needed to find, remain in or return to work
- specialist information, advice and guidance to prepare people for employment
- access to training and education
- identify coping strategies that will help individuals to succeed in the workplace
- helping employers to fully understand mental health and how they can support their employees
- Online support
- Drop-in registrations
- Access to the service at various venues across Camden and Islington;
- Access to the Hillside Clubhouse “Workday Programme” which provides practical work experience and recovery support
Mental Health Working is funded by health and social care budgets in Camden and Islington to provide specialist education, training and employment support for local people with mental health problems.
For further information you can download the leaflets below:
- Mental health working initial assessment form
- Mental health working candidate information
- Access to work mental health working support service leaflet
Find out how to contact local psychological therapy centres.