Who we are
Our specially designed range of services for serving and ex-service personnel help you to adapt your skills and abilities for civilian employment, find a new career and stay in your role.
Additionally, our highly experienced and skilled team of Vocational Rehabilitation Consultants (VRCs) provide more targeted support to veterans, and their supporting organisations, through our range of specialist employment and career transition services. All of our VRCs are members of the Vocational Rehabilitation Association and operate within the Rehabilitation Code of Best Practice.
Who we help
From our branches and offices across England, Scotland and Wales, our armed forces champions provide specialist expertise in supporting serving, ex-serving personnel and reservists to adapt their skills for civilian employment.
Our service delivery spans the whole country and can now also be accessed online. Register here to take advantage of our online service or click Chat now to talk now to an online advisor.
What we do
There are many ways in which we can help you to prepare for and find a new job, including:
- identifying your career goals - we look at how your transferable skills and any barriers that might need to be overcome to meet your aims.
- work preparation - help to write a great CV, complete application forms and prepare for interviews.
- personal development - support sessions and guidance to increase your confidence and address any barriers to employment you might be facing.
- work experience and tasters - gain relevant work experience and find out if it’s the right career for you.
- access to vacancies - information about where and how to look for jobs and access to latest vacancies with our partner employers.
- in-work support - ongoing help and advice once you have moved into new employment.
- Self employment
Whether you simply need advice and guidance, or more specialist support for complex needs, our veterans team and champions can help.
If you are an employer we can also help you to support former armed forces personnel to move into and remain in employment with you.
Through our partnerships with organisations linked to the armed forces, we have developed a range of services aimed at the recruitment, retention and development of veterans.
Partnership stands at the heart of our service delivery. We work closely with a wide range of organisations linked to serving and ex-serving personnel, including the armed forces themselves, charities and other support organisations such as the NHS, local authorities and housing associations.
This enables us to provide the most effective support to veterans in a way that is targeted specifically to their skills, experience and support needs.
We already have many long-standing and mutually beneficial partnerships, if you're interested in partnering with Remploy, please contact us.
- Turning point for Ben
- New job is life-changing for David
- Jaison marches on
- Terry's new job marks a change in fortune
- Veterans brochure
- Workplace mental health support service - partner leaflet
- Work Choice for veterans - partner leaflet
- Work Choice for veterans - jobseeker leaflet
Our commitment to the armed forces
Remploy have signed-up to the Government’s Armed forces covenant.
Our commitment to honour the covenant and support the armed forces community recognises the value serving personnel – both regular and reservists – as well as veterans and military families contribute to our nation.
It also recognises our original mission – to provide jobs to armed forces personnel injured in the Second World War.