Have you ever thought of starting or running your own business, but don’t know how or where to start? We can help you take that all important first step, with all the advice, support and guidance you need.
The advantages of self employment
- You are your own boss and are responsible for the decisions you make
- Work the hours that suit you
- You have full control of your own finances and how much you earn
- You can benefit from tax and national insurance benefits.
We can support you to turn your idea or hobby into a successful business by:
- Providing advice and guidance from our self-employment advisers in branch or via our online service
- Helping you write a business plan, conduct market research, identify and obtain funding, book keeping and to organise your business’ tax affairs
- We will support you on your personal journey all the way from your initial idea, through business start up to running your own business.
- Have an initial business idea
- Be ambitious and enthusiastic
- Devote sufficient time to your business idea
- Conduct market research
- Attend development sessions
- Take control of your journey into self employment.
- A can do attitude
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Motivated, confident and proactive
- Be self disciplined
- Ability to administer putting your plan together
- Support you to develop the skills you will need to succeed
- Guide you through what needs to be done
- Provide appropriate encouragement
- Identify and help secure appropriate funding
- Be by your side every step of the way.
- Force you into any decision or direction
- Judge you
- Put any barriers in place.
Take a look at our case study which shows how we helped Richard set up his own business.
Take the next step – do it now!