“I feel the training has given me the confidence to put in place the information I have learned. The training was 10/10, it was really interesting and delivered at a pitch to suit all styles.” Delegate, 2015
Individuals with Learning Disabilities often struggle to cope with interpreting and understanding standard instructions to equip them with the skills they need for work.
TSI offers structured one to one support to prepare an individual with learning disabilities to acquire the skills they need for the job. Activities are generally task based and in a real environment. This allows the individual to effectively learn procedures associated with the job. It also involves the social aspects surrounding the job such as health and safety, travel, workplace culture and even canteen visits.
The course teaches trainers and service providers on how to deliver TSI to individuals with learning disabilities.
- How to profile and assess an individual with learning disabilities
- How to complete job analysis and task preparation
- Planning and practical application of TSI methodology
- Understand the principles of TSI
- How to apply TSI in supported employment and community based activities
- Know how to identify and discuss different approaches to training and learning (try another way)
£3,500 + VAT per 2 day course. Delegates minimum of 6 and a maximum of 12