“We receive compulsory resuscitation training annually, which I have never put into practice. This is the first mental health training for the vast majority of our officers, and yet they are meeting people with mental health difficulties almost daily.”
Mental health problems cover a wide range of issues including stress, anxiety, depression and substance abuse which can affect someone’s ability to get on with their daily life.
Early intervention can help slow down or stop a mental health problem and lead to a faster recovery. However, most of us know little about mental health. We often don’t spot the signs that someone else - or ourselves - is struggling until very late. An MHFA course will teach you to recognise the early signs of a mental health problem, and give you the confidence and knowledge to help.
- Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
- Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health problem
- Provide mental health help on a first aid basis
- Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
- Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
- Help someone recover faster
- Guide someone towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health problems
A two day course for up to 12 delegates £2,250 +VAT, bespoke options available on request
A two day course for up to 16 delegates £2,450 +VAT, bespoke options available on request