Supporting apprentices with mental health
A happy, healthy apprentice is a more productive one!
We understand the importance of a healthy and productive workforce…
With this is mind, our free service will help your apprentices overcome any difficulties they are experiencing at work due to low mood, so that they can remain a valuable asset to your company. This will complement any occupational health service you already have in place, and is delivered by advisors who are fully trained professionals with expertise in mental health and its impact in the workplace.
Your apprentice must refer themselves to this service, which includes:
- Workplace emotional well being support and advice for six months, tailored to the needs of the apprentice
- Advice on simple adjustments that could be implemented to help individuals fulfil their apprenticeship
- Helping you fully understand what support you can offer to apprentices with low mood (with their permission)
- Help for apprentices to identify successful coping strategies that will support their success
- A step-by-step support plan for apprentices to follow, helping them to get back on track
- Support provided in an appropriate environment, in respect of the apprentice’s wishes.
To qualify for this service, individuals must:
- Be in a permanent or temporary apprenticeship (attending or signed off sick)
- Have a mental health condition that has resulted in absence, or is causing difficulties to remain in their apprenticeship.
*Application is subject to a decision by Access to Work
More details are available on our Supporting apprentices - employer leaflet
Remploy is passionate and committed to supporting disabled and disadvantaged people to lead fully independent and inclusive lives through sustainable employment. We help employers across the UK to realise the benefits of a diverse workforce, while equipping disabled and disadvantaged people with the confidence and skills they need to build successful careers. By working in partnership with Access to Work; a Jobcentre Plus scheme, we are delivering this service in England to apprentices who are affected by a mental health condition in the workplace.
Did you know?
1 in 6 people in the UK are affected by a mental health condition.
Employees with a mental health condition, who remain in work without the support they need, cost UK businesses around £15 billion a year. Staff turnover as a result of employees leaving their jobs due to mental ill health costs employers £2.4 billion a year.
Sources: Office for National Statistics – June 2010 Mind - 2011
How to refer an apprentice
Referring an apprentice to our service is simple, just contact Remploy and we’ll do the rest:
Tel: 0300 456 8210