Discover more events
Recruiting Disabled Talent into the public sector in Wales - Cardiff
- Date: 8th September 2016
- Location: Copthorne Hotel Cardiff Caerdydd - Copthorne Way, Cardiff, CF5 6DH
- Time: 08:00 - 11:00
- Cost: Free
Remploy are hosting a summit bringing together public sector organisations to discuss how the public sector in Wales can do more to recruit disabled talent.
How do we recruit more disabled talent into the public sector in Wales?
With only 46% of disabled people in employment in the UK, compared with almost 81% of the non-disabled working population, looking to recruit or retain disabled people can bring many advantages - increasing the number of high quality applicants, creating a workforce that reflects your diverse range of customers and your community and the benefits of retaining an experienced, skilled employee who has aquired an impairment are usually greater than recruiting and training new staff.
- What does the public sector in Wales do to attract, support and develop disabled talent?
- What has recruiting disabled talent added to the Welsh public sector and its culture?
- What are the barriers to recruiting disabled talent?
- What support is there for employers?
- What are the benefits for employers to recruit disabled people into their organisation.