We can help you to prepare for and practise for interviews.
At Remploy, our experienced advisors will work with you to develop your interview skills and help you to be confident about taking part in interviews and assessment centres.
Here are also a few helpful tips for succeeding at interviews, so that you can get the job you want...
Before the interview
- Research the company you are interviewing for on the internet
- Make sure you know how to get to the interview and how long it will take to get there - allow plenty of time so you’re not rushing
- If you need any special arrangements to be made for the interview, such as an interpreter, Remploy can help you with that
- Dress smartly – if you need to buy clothes for the interview, we may be able to help you with that too
- Familiarise yourself with your answers to the application form.
In the interview
- First impressions are very important. Smile, have a firm handshake and be friendly to everyone you meet
- Be positive about yourself and your abilities and show how these will help you to do the job
- Make eye contact with the interviewer to show you’re interested in the job - looking anywhere other than at the interviewer can make you seem as if you’re not interested
- Don’t talk too fast and relax. Take a deep breath before you answer a question and keep your answers short and to the point
- Always be honest - don't lie as it could be found out
- Avoid yes and no answers, but don't talk too much
- Don’t be afraid to ask the interviewer to repeat a question if you need them to.
For more advice on making a good impression at interviews, contact your local branch or office to speak to a Remploy advisor today.
Tel: 0845 601 5878